Introduction Here .. .
1. Introduction to MongoDB
2. Basic Commands
3. Parameter file
3. Replication Setup
4. Backup and Restoration
Course created to demonstrate Articulate Rise 360
Email and Meeting etiquette training
- What is Mobile Testing
- Different device types and app types
- What is Appium Framework
- Why Appium Framework
- Prerequisite for Appium : Installations
- Appium with Robot Framework
- Locating Elements using UI Automator Viewer
- Robot Framework Appium Library Overview
- Issues Faced
Mobile Money Overview
Introduction to WiFi Monetization
- Business Use Cases for WiFi Monetization
- Overview of Free Journey
- Overview of Paid Journey
- Wi-Fi Captive Portal Installation
- Alepo AAA Solution Installation (in brief)
Commissioning of WiFi Monetization
- Alepo Captive Portal
- Alepo AAA Integration (API)
- Payment Gateway Integration
- Wi-Fi Access Controller Integration (HTTP)
- Alepo AAA
- Email Integration
- SMS Integration
- WiFi Access Controller (RADIUS)
How do we get Internet Access?
What is AAA?
Where AAA is used?
AAA Related Solutions
What AAA Server does?
What is Wifi offload and role of AAA in it?
1. Introduction to Scrum course with a recap on Agile principles
2. JIRA for Agile – how to get the most out of JIRA without letting it get in your way
- Basic Communication system
- Common channels
- Different access technologies
- Wireless access
- Evolution of wireless communication
- Cellular technologies
- 3GPP LTE goals
- LTE Architecture
- UE registration with LTE call flow
- IMS architecture
- VoLTE call flow
Track a mail
Format a mail
Adding Cc & Bcc
Adding meeting recipients (optional/Required)
Search a mail
Power Point Template
Internal and External Meeting Etiquette
Identify Key Steps to take at every point of Negotiation Process.
Determine how to use various negotiation strategies to achieve desired result.
1. How to form Formulas
2. Pivot tables.
4. Graphical data presentation
5. Additional topics
Alepo Corporate Overview
CRM-ATDD Exercise required for remaining part of CRM-ATDD training
- Notification F/W
- Event Scheduling
Problems are at the center of what many people do at work every day. Whether you're solving a problem for a client (internal or external), supporting those who are solving problems, or discovering new problems to solve, the problems you face can be large or small, simple or complex, and easy or difficult.
There are four basic steps in solving a problem:
- Defining the problem.
- Generating alternatives.
- Evaluating and selecting alternatives.
- Implementing solutions.